Friday, February 18, 2011

Meeting GREAT people on the METRO



I try not be too friendly in the METRO because I am afraid to be mistaken as "vulnerable"...
BUT I can't help it, when I am in another country I am always amazed by the hospitality :)
SO, I try to do the same .
Monday I was late to the first interview of my job hunting career.. it was a horrible feeling and i was sooo mad!
All because the bus driver was rude to a handicapped woman.. it turned out to be a violent exchange and the supervisor had to be called .. meanwhile, the passengers angrily waited ( I was one of them).

I met a nice man named Ebuka from Gabon. He shared his experiences in Paris and we actually had lots to talk about. HE invited me to his African parties in LA. It was a great cultural exchange :)
We were both going to an interview, we may have more in common with people than we think. So talking to strangers is not that bad, actually.
Sitting there talking to him reminded me of sitting in a train and relating to the African men on a train in Italy last year. These men were hard workers and it was so heartwarming to see one of them gazing at the picture of his family back home.
Being in a new land can be so confusing and lonely and when there is someone to talk to it is refreshing.. I have been on both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment