Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Siete-Tres-Tres

Que onda chavos!?

I´ve been on a hiatus. Yes. Indeed.
I have changed my bus route. I no longer take the 740 from Hawthorne through Crenshaw/MLK and north on Broadway, rather take the 733 which takes me east on Venice towards downtown L.A- drops me off at 7th and Main.

Most importantly....... I have found the First church of Rasta! I see it everyday to and fro work.
(Anybody want to join Friday Night Reggae?) http://rastachurch.weebly.com/index.html


Aside form the Rasta church the route is not as entertaining..... OR could it be that I am getting tired of riding the bus and, like all repetitive motions and actions, its becoming a routine?!
To this fellow readers I say: maybe, quizá. Riding the 740 was like riding in the car with distant cousins that you gradually warm up to (remember that?). While riding the 733 is plainly being in car with strangers. In addition, riding the 740 was like a child going to an amusement park, it was new different and exciting. Six months later nothing fun ever happens and people are just heading to work! Blehhhhhhhhhhhh...
Since July I have only made one real conection on the 733 bus. That was the day I left my lunch and belongings on the bench at Fairfax & Venice. One day I came home for the weekend my dad surprised me with a beautiful lunch bag with nice bright colors and plasticware-- it was just plain wonderful and thoughtful! *Keep in mind that my dad hardly makes purchases for hos daughter let alone a surprise. He said the nice vibrant colors made him think of me.. (aw) and that he thought it was sad I took my lunch in a plastic bag to a nationally acclaimed civil rights organization-- hmmmm, I don´t know about that one (I'm recycling! duh.) I guess he just wanted me to ride in style. So, my lunch bag was perfect and it became a part of me kind of like a best friend (ok.. not really). I planned my meals a day ahead and looked forward to making it all fit into the bag like some sort of a Tetris game. It was fun while it lasted and my lunchbag lived a good life. Like everything and everyone that crosses one´s path sometimes you just have to let go- and I did............unwillingly and
unexpectedly.
Let me begin.......
In my usual morning scramble I reached over my purse to get my bus token and then rushed inside then  stops later I realized a part of me was missing........... My lunch bag!!!
In it were my lentils, a banana, and I forgot what other goodies. I don´t know exactly why but I was devastaded. I pouted and was angry at myself, sad, and just discouraged. In this time of anguish a lady comforted me and made me forget my pain, we talked and talked and deep in my heart I know someone enjoyed a healthy and wholesome meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment