Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On the second coming of Jesus and Blindness..

I noticed my last blog entry was November 2, 2011-
Although I am not going to go through the usual Blogger's remorse discourse for not being a faithful writer, I must say I missed writing. Everyday has been an adventure for the most part. I've made mental notes of what I'm going to write and share with you but while I did not have a laptop it was hard to remember all.
SO now you're just going to get shpeal overload.. yay!


First things first:


What has Heidy been up to?
- I tried Bikram Yoga with co-workers-  it was hell. I hated the instructor, myself for signing up, the person next to me for stretching all the way through the pose and breathing f**ing loud. I also hated minute number 45 ... and 1-90.  I hated the clock, my sticky self, my wet hair. I hated the sweat-drenched leftovers. I hated the heat vent directly above me.    
"wow, Heidy! So much hate," you might say...
My answer: YES,
BUT don't you know?
Love always overcomes.
I did however, Love myself for going through all but the first 90 minutes of the first session. I loved the cold shower afterwards. And I also loved the few times (when my co-workers weren't there) I roamed the locker room naked and free. I loved exploring the city and roaming  the city in a new bus route (Bus 14). I loved feeling every inch of my body sweat. I loved the breeze through the door crack. I love that I saw a childhood friend. I loved the refreshed feeling afterwards. I loved the way i inhaled and exhaled.
... you get the point.
I learned to love the things that were so horrible at first.
At first when people shared their motivation and love for the pastime all I could do was giggle inside, but now I know why and I kind of want to go back?
Thank you, Bikram Choudhury.


- I tried snowboarding for the first time. Eh, just a bunch of falls... NO lesson or adventure there. Would like to do it again.


- Went to Disneyland for free and earned a new friendship.
This one has a prologue. But to make the story short. Johan (That's another story coming) and I went to the Getty Museum on  $2.00- riding the 720 which got in an accident at Rodeo Drive. I witnessed and got a free day pass. yay!  After that bittersweet incident we rode a Westwood bus and finally arrived at our destination.  we waited an eternity for the bus back home. There was a nice young couple waiting with us they had parked in Bel Air to avoid parking costs we somehow sparked a conversation, I shared my free pass with them and it turned out they offered a ride home :)  They were so sweet. It was a very eventful day and it didn't end there. Two weeks later, Lia, invited me to Disneyland I was hesitant to reply because Disneyland was out of my budget. But God works in mysterious and amazing ways; Lia & her boyfriend were awesome enough to cover the costs ...asking nothing in return. WOW! what did I ever do to deserve that?!
I am forever grateful. I was at the perfect place at the perfect time to have met such genuine people.


-- That's all I could think of now :)


Second:
The title is based on my bus ride today.
After visiting the bookstore and reading a natural remedy book, I decided to get out of stinky downtown. It makes me nauseous sometimes ( I'm actually nauseous now), and then I also get motion sick on the bus- the natural remedy book suggested ginger tea so I'm looking into that.
Anyway, I was in my relaxed state and overheard a heavy Central American accent mixed with a pentecostal tone- Its hard to explain.
She shared with her neighbor that today's crazy weather meant that Jesus was near. I listened.
He then asked if Noah's story was real as if she was an all-knowing source. I listened.
They talked about the Mayan prophecies. I listened.


Then a blind man came on. I stopped listening and started to wonder how my life would be if I was blind. How would your life be?
I think I would be fearless. Ethnicity, skin color wouldn't mean anything- I wouldn't be the Latina girl I identify with. Material things wouldn't mean anything. All the little thing wouldn't matter. It would be a different, beautiful world. I am sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment